This Introduction to Sequences video also includes:
Finding patterns—seems easy enough. High schoolers learn the definition of a sequence in a concept video. Four problem videos then cover finding a particular term of a sequence given an explicit formula and identifying arithmetic and geometric sequences.
- Use the video to introduce arithmetic and geometric sequences
- Pause video to allow learners to answer posited questions before viewing answers
- Video refers to the general term of a sequence; be sure learners know that this terminology is used to indicate what is also known as the explicit formula of a sequence
- Concept video touches upon the fact that there is an explicit and recursive formula for each sequence
- Concept video only uses examples of increasing sequences, though it does mention that sequences can be decreasing