This Federal Theatre and Group Theatre: Crash Course Theater #42 video also includes:
Method acting got its start in the 1930s. A video, the 42nd video in the Crash Course Theater and Drama playlist, describes the theater scene during the 1930s, including the introduction of method acting. Information on Waiting for Lefty by Clifford Odets forms a bulk of the video.
- Watch the 40th video from the playlist to learn more about Eugene O'Neill
- Complete a theater warm up that uses the acting methods described on screen
- Makes a few brief references to sexually transmitted diseases
- Highlights lesser-known authors rather than famous playwrights
- Appeals to viewers with the use of pictures and animations
- Packs in a lot of information at too quick of a pace; therefore, pause the video frequently to check for understanding